Friday, March 30, 2007

Just a Loud Noise??

I don't want this verse to describe my life:

Pharaoh king of Egypt is only a loud noise; he has missed his opportunity. (Jeremiah 46:17)

This helps confirm to me that God has called me to Acworth. I do not wish to be reduced to only a loud noise. I desire to chase the dreams that God has given me. It is huge. It is scary. It is a God-sized dream. If He doesn't come through, we're sunk. There is no plan B. But I know my God good enough to know that where He calls, He provides. For that reason, I can agree with Howard Schultz. I want to share with you a quote from his book, Pour Your Heart Into It. This is the account of his opportunity to purchase a small coffee chain called Starbucks. Check this out, it describes the thoughts rolling around in my head:

If I don't seize the opportunity, if I don't step out of my comfort zone and risk it all, if I let too much time tick on, my moment will pass. I knew that if I didn't take advantage of this opportunity, I would replay it in my mind for my whole life, wondering: What if? ~ Howard Schultz via Mark Batterson

No comments: