Saturday, July 01, 2006

5k....what??

Talk about random ideas. Let me give you a little background info before I tell you about our random idea. JR and I have been working really hard to lose some weight over the past 7 months. Together we have lost over 115 lbs....WOW! I am close to losing 60 lbs in just a few months. One of the things that we have been doing is running 2 miles and lifting weights at least 3 days a week. We have done this faithfully since the beginning of December. I would have to say that we have been quite successful. Now here comes the random idea. We decided last Wednesday afternoon to enter a 5k race which is an annual event in Memphis to benefit St. Jude. We decided just to go for it. So, on Monday night, we will be running in our first event. I have ran 3 miles for the last 2 days. Let's just say my body is feeling it! I have never run that far in my entire life. I am so pumped about the race. Come back later for more info. If you are interested, you can check out the results from the race (http://www.firecracker5k.racesonline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=site.results). If nothing else, it should be quite the experience!!!

No comments: