Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I love Wednesdays...

Without a doubt, my favorite day of the week is Wednesday. You might say to yourself, that is a really weird day to be your favorite. The reason it is my favorite is our mid-week worship service for students. It is so amazing to watch students as they show up (many of them to just hang out with their friends, which is certainly ok with me) and have an encounter with the God that created the universe! I love it!!! It is a time that they can leave behind all of the stuff that is going on in their personal lives and focus on God.

Tonight, the high school worship band (Jeff Hill, Carmen York, Rick Perry, Justin Warf, and Josh Currie) hit a home run! They are really talented people who really love God and have a strong desire to lead others in worship. It is evident that they are passionate about what they are doing!!

JR (www.jrleereveal.blogspot.com) did a great job of challenging us all to be risk takers when it comes to going after those who don't know Christ. It was a great message. I know that God spoke to me in a real personal way and I was challenged to "wake up". It is such an honor for me to serve alongside someone who has such a passion for students and Jesus! JR, you are the man!!

I also cannot wait for school to start back, so that we will get back into our normal routine. I love the break in the summer but I am ready for CrossOver (www.crosspointestudents.com) to kick back off. Only 3 more weeks!!!!

No comments: