Saturday, July 08, 2006

Am I Horrible at this?

It is Saturday and I still have not posted anything since the race on Monday night. It was such a great experience! JR and I didn't really know what to expect, especially since it was a last minute decision to run and we haven't really trained (other than the 2 miles we run every day). I really had no idea what to expect from the whole thing. We got there early to take in the whole experience and let's just say that there were some really interesting people. My goal was to finish the race in under 35 minutes. I had run the same course 2 days before in 36 1/2 minutes.

I'll have to say that the race was a little easier than I expected. It amazed me that I ran 3.1 miles and was still able to breathe (although it was rather hard breathing). I finished the race in 33 min. and 34 sec. You can check out the results on (http://www.besttimescct.com/results/Firecracker06.txt). I think this running thing might be addicting. JR and I are already talking about running in another 5k in a few weeks. The next one will be interesting because you certainly cannot use the "It's my first race" excuse. We'll see what happens I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, I may have to try some
running myself.NOT"""
Lots of love
Miss Deb