Saturday, July 15, 2006

Finally, Some Sleep

We arrived back from Elevate 06 late on Thursday night. I was so excited to think about sleeping in my own bed and getting more than 4 hours a night. We arrived home to find out that our air conditioning was out! Talk about hot....it was 86 degrees at night. However, I still managed to get some great sleep!! Camp was amazing this year. Our best by far!! The buses and drivers were great. The food was good and there was more than enough. The weather was very hot and sunny. Tony Nolan was used by God in a great way to challenge us to go deeper in our relationship with God. We had several students saved and many others have a real encounter with God. I appreciate Tony giving up a week with his family to be with us. I really do believe that he is the best student communicator in the country. Seth Condrey also did an awesome job of leading the students in worship. Seth and his team are probably one of the best kept secrets in the whole country. We'll definitely be working with these guys again!!

I also want to thank 2 other special groups of people. Our students are unbelievable! We had no major problems during the entire week. It is so cool to see them really get serious with God and spend some time worshipping Him. Our chaperones were also awesome! Many of them took vacation time from work to spend with these students. I appreciate their desire to invest in the lives of the students!! They made life a whole lot easier for me and JR by taking responsibility for a small group of students.

I am really sad that we have to wait a whole year for camp. However, it's time to start planning for 07.

No comments: