Friday, January 26, 2007

He's Back and other random thoughts...


1. In October, Joni and I discovered we had an unwanted friend in the house. Chuck E. Cheese disappeared after a few days. In the last month, he has reappeared. I just put out new glue traps (w/ peanut butter) today. I hope we catch him!
2. I am still trying to recover from the robbery that took place at Cameron Indoor Stadium last night. Check out this article, where the ACC admits that Duke got some homecooking! Also, Tadd had some really funny things to say in his post!
3. It is 12:30am Saturday morning and I just finished reading some more of Simple Church by Thom Rainer, while I am waiting for Anniston to wake up and eat. This book is rocking my world!
4. No basketball game to coach this week or next week. Man, I miss it!
5. Just heard today that the pastor at FBC Daytona Beach just resigned. I don't know all the details, but it seems like the same crap that is happening at Bellevue. Great pastor serves there for many, many years. He retires. They hire a younger pastor with some fresh vision. People get angry because the new guy tries to move the church forward. They run their mouth and try to destroy the guy. To be honest, it just makes me sick!!
6. My boy Jeff Bumgardner has some big stuff coming up.
7. Joni and I went furniture shopping again tonight (sounds fun, right?) We got 3 small tables and a chair for $155. Another reminder not to buy on impulse. We replaced all of the furniture in our bedroom for under $600 (just a little more than what we got for our old stuff). We almost spent $1350 on a bedroom set. I love getting a good deal!
8. Steven Furtick's blog is well worth reading. Be sure to check out what he had to say on this past Thursday and Friday. He is tearing it up! It is exciting to see how God is using him.
9. Today, Brayden and I watched Cars and ate popcorn(@10am) and then I had to rescue him after he locked himself in the bathroom. He is at such a funny age!
10. For the 2nd weekend in a row, Joni and I went to dinner at Jim & Nick's BBQ. This place is unbelievable! You gotta try their cheese biscuits. Everything, yes everything, that I have tasted there has been off the hook!
11. I STINKING LOVE THE BLOGGING WORLD!

Well, it looks like Anniston is waking up. I am going to feed her and hit the sack...

Todd
jtlollis@hotmail.com

No comments: