Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Things I Learned in 2006

I had planned to develop a list of some things that I learned last year. I decided to just share one of those things with you and develop the idea a little.

In 2006, I learned that GOD ALWAYS PROVIDES. I have told people this for years and this year I had to live it out. It blew me away to see how God has provided for my family. Obviously, my first concern after Anniston was born was for her health and Joni's health. God allowed both of them to be ok. Anniston is doing better than I could have ever imagined, especially for a baby that was born 3 months premature. She came into the world in a crazy way, but, now, I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything in the world. It caused me to have to depend on Him like never before. I learned more in those few weeks than I had my entire life about trusting God! In 2006, God provided us with good health.

God also provided for us in the area of finances. I am not the kind of guy that worries a lot about money. But I will have to confess that I was a little concerned about where the money was going to come from the pay the dr. bills. Anniston's stay in the hospital ended up costing $185,000. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of money stashed anywhere. We found out that we have great insurance that payed all but a very small portion. Then churches like Crosspointe, Cherrydale, and Oak Grove sent us money to help out. Individuals pitched in to help cover the costs. We walked away from the deal without it costing us anything out of pocket! I was in awe! Once again, God showed me that He always provides. He is always in control. Nothing catches Him off guard. We just have to trust Him with everything!

This experience, along with a few others, has allowed me to experience the grace of God in a whole new way. It is not hard for me to give back a small portion to God because I know that He has provided for me so many times in my life.

It seems that everywhere I turn, I am reminded that "God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" (Ephesians 3:20)

What seemed to be like a well-deserved (in my mind, at least) vacation turned out to be the greatest learning experience of my life!!

No comments: