Thursday, January 11, 2007

What time is it? GAMETIME!

Every year, I have made the same comment. Every year, I not been true to my word. Every year, I say that I am not coaching a basketball team next year. Every year, I end up coaching a team.

This will be my 5th year coaching the high school boys team at Crosspointe. I just can't let it go. I love the game. I love watching the faces of those guys when we win. I love experiencing the disappointment with them when we lose. I love challenging them to work hard and seeing their game progress.

Today is game #1 of the 2007 season. The expectation level is high. We have a championship to defend. Everyone will be striving to beat us. Everyone will want us to lose. People will get angry because we care about winning. (After all, who likes to lose? Winning is way more fun!)

So, it's GAMETIME! No more practices. No more wondering what our team will be like. Tonight at 7, it will be time to see what we've really got. We'll see what happens!

Todd
jtlollis@hotmail.com

No comments: