Monday, January 22, 2007

Things I Learned this Weekend...

1. Never buy on impulse. Joni and I sold our bedroom furniture this weekend and needed to replace it. This is something that she has wanted to do for a couple of years. Finally, I gave in and we sold it in 1 day. As we were shopping for replacement furniture, it was tempting to spend more money than we should. We agreed to talk about it over night and ended up getting a pretty good deal. If we had bought on impulse, we would have spent 2 1/2 times what we got for our old furniture. (Not exactly a good trade!)

2. You never lose things that aren't important. As I was getting ready for church yesterday, I asked Joni where my ties were(all of our stuff is in boxes and suitcases until the new furniture arrives). She paused and said, "I never took them out of the old furniture." Now, this wasn't devastating to me because I am not much of a fan of ties. However, the world can sleep well because the lady returned my ties after church.

3. An appointment at a doctor's office means nothing. I took Brayden to the doctor this morning for an ear infection. We knew what the problem was but had to go get a prescription. Our appointment was at 10:20. We went back to see the doctor at 11:30. You figure that one out, I've tried!

4. No matter how hard you try, some people just don't get it! Sometimes there is a disconnect from the way people think things are and the way things actually are. There is a huge disconnect between Christians and those who do not know Christ. The sad thing is that many times people aren't willing to do what it takes to bridge the gap. That makes me sad!

No comments: