Monday, February 19, 2007

6 months....already?


Yesterday was a pretty special day at the Lollis crib. Anniston was 6 months old yesterday. Now for a lot of parents, this isn't such a big deal. However, she has overcome a lot and is doing better than we could've ever imagined.

I spent some time yesterday reading the posts that I wrote in the days after she was born. It was a great reminder of what it is like to trust God with everything. You see, I knew that there was absolutely nothing that I could do to help the situation. I just had to sit back and wait on God to meet all of our needs. As always, God was faithful and went way above anything that I could have ever asked for. (I think the Bible says something like that: Ephesians 3:20) It was during that time that I had to be willing to trust Him, even if "everything was not ok". God really helped me to grow during that time in my life. More than anything, I learned to trust God!

Anniston is perfectly healthy! She got rid of her last monitor a couple of weeks agon and now weighs 13 lbs. Her biggest challenge now will be surviving living in the house with a 2 year old boy. She is such a miracle and has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. It is a good thing that she cannot talk yet because all she would have to do is ask and it would be all over!

No comments: