Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lessons from Nintendo...


I remember it like it was yesterday. The year was 1986. I can vividly recall opening my Christmas gifts and going nuts because I received the thing that I wanted most in life....a nintendo game system. I spent hours playing Super Mario Bros., Mike Tyson's Punchout, and Duckhunt. I loved every minute of it.

Then came the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and now the Wii. Alot has changed in the last 20 years. The graphics are unbelievably better. The systems have gotten smaller. The games are discs instead of cartridges. You no longer have to be attached to the console thanks to wireless controllers. The video game industry is constantly reinventing itself.

This causes me to question, how different is the church in the last 20 years? I am not speaking about a specific church, but the church as a whole. How have we evolved to reach people that are far from God? It seems sometimes that the whole world is changing, except for what happens within the walls of the church.

Here is what I know to be true...the church must experience change to continue to reach people. We cannot sit back and let the world pass us by. The bottom line is that the population of hell is increasing every day. We have the most exciting news in the world, yet we seem to keep it to ourselves. We often fear becoming too "worldly" and miss out on huge opportunities to reach those that we say that we care about.

What about you? How are you promoting change in your life? Is God doing something fresh and new in you? If not, it is time for something to change! Let the Revolution start with you!!

1 comment:

Josh said...

For me, it was Christmas of '89 that Mario and Luigi crashed into my mundane life. :D

As for the rest of your blog,
A-MEN.

Nuff said.