Monday, February 26, 2007

Newspring Church

Yesterday, Joni and I got to go to Newspring Church in Anderson, SC for their morning worship service. This church started in 1999 and averages around 8,000 each weekend. They also baptized 212 people this past Saturday. Here are some of my observations about the church:

1. They do everything with excellence!
2. Their sound system is amazing. I don't know if I have ever heard better sound anywhere.
3. It is obvious that they spend their time and energy on making their services extremely creative and relevant.
4. Their volunteers are awesome. I don't know if I have ever been around people that were more excited about serving Jesus! There were plenty of guys standing out in the rain to help people park and walk them to the door with umbrellas.
5. I have the worst luck when I go there. I have been twice and Perry Noble has not preached either of the times I have been there.
6. People were engaged in what was going on.
7. I had a real encounter with Jesus while I was there. The music was incredible and the message connected.
8. They talk about Jesus...a lot! One of the criticisms of a rapidly growing church is that "it is just a cult" or "no real ministry is going on". Nothing could be further from the truth.

In my opinion, this is one of the great churches in the country. They certainly have momentum on their side (I'll explain this tomorrow). I can't believe that they are seeing God do His thing in Anderson. Anderson is not a large community, so 8000 people in one place in a weekend is a HUGE deal! If you ever get the chance, check out Newspring in person or you can watch their services on the internet!

No comments: