Thursday, February 22, 2007

It was the best of times....It was the worst of times...

Today was both a great day and a somewhat frustrating day.

First the good stuff...
I got to spend all day with my family.
My kids were great on the 8 1/2 hour drive to SC.
We made great time getting here, with no speeding tickets!
I realized that Brayden is starting to remember a lot of stuff. He knew when we
were almost to our parents' house.
Joni and I got to see our parents.
Our basketball team won.
My vacation officially began when we pulled in the driveway here.

Disclaimer: The good stuff far outweighed the bad stuff!

Bad stuff:
My phone crashed on me. This morning it had a blue screen. I made up my mind at
that point that I was not going to allow this to make me mad all day. It is
amazing how dependent we are on those things!
I didn't have a phone all day in the car. This is when I usually catch up on some
phone calls. Especially when everyone else in the car is asleep.
I lost all of my phone numbers. I got a replacement phone, but they could not
salvage my numbers.
I also lost my pics, ringtones, and a sweet Tiger Woods game.
Clemson lost for the 8th time in 10 games, after starting 17-0. They get the "We
only play one half of basketball" award!
My sister was taping something for me. She decided that she should go old school and record it on her VCR. She only taped 7 mins of it. I was deeply saddened!

Overall, it was still a great day!

1 comment:

Jeff Bumgardner said...

The stinky stuff really does stink, and the good stuff really does sound good. These words of wisdom brought to you by a guy who really doesn't know what to say at this moment. Dude...what about Chris Sligh on Idol? Pretty crazy that he is a friend of a friend, huh? Josh, if you're out there, I bet you're loving that. Check out my blog and comment so that we can catch up. I have no way to get in touch with you. (Yes, Todd, that was a shameless plug for www.jeffbumgardner.blogspot.com) Come see me and we'll hit the Dodgers' Home Opener. I'm planning on being there...you should come along.