Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Excitement and Nervousness!

I went to see Anniston yesterday and got stuck in some pretty bad traffic on 240 and Walnut Grove. How long can you possibly work on one intersection? It seems like they have been working on that road FOREVER! I almost missed the opportunity to see Anniston because I got there right at shift change. I begged them to let me back for a few minutes and I am really glad that I did.

They told me that they want us to "sleep in" with her this weekend. That means they will have put her in a room with us for the night. That way we can take care of her and experience everything for ourselves. The doctor also ordered equipment for our house. Do you know what that means? You guessed it!! She is coming home soon! We cannot wait. After 53 days of having to leave the hospital without her, we are more than ready.

We are also a little nervous. They are going to have to send her home with some oxygen and a monitor. We have to go to the hospital and take a CPR class. To be honest, taking that class will probably be a little freaky.

We have waited for this day for so long. Now we cannot believe that it is finally going to come!!

No comments: