Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

I love weekends! I look forward each week to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because I know that I am going to get to hang out with the people I love the most! Unlike some husbands and fathers, I actually love to hang out with my family. I take that time seriously and try my best to guard our time together. If not, others will plan your entire schedule for you, if you let them.

Friday night, Joni and I went to dinner. I look forward to the opportunities that we have to spend time together, with no kids. (Tip for guys: It is not a date if you bring your kids along!!) It is so important and vital for couples to get away for a few hours and spend time talking about things other than work and the kids. I love my job and my kids. However, I realize that Joni and I need a break from those things. I am not really sure, but I think she likes hanging out with me too!

Saturday, I hung out at the house for most of the day. Brayden and I went to Lexi's soccer game. If you have not watched 4 year olds play soccer, you are missing some entertainment. I admire the people that coach those kids because I am not sure that I could take it. I am too competitive! It did make me anxious for Brayden to be old enough to play sports. I can't wait for that day. We ate dinner at Bigfoot, for the second weekend in a row! I love the place!!!

Sunday, we were at church in the am and pm. Sundays are tricky because we both try to go to the hospital, along with being at both church services and sneaking in a nap. I usually go to the hospital after I dismiss the students for their small groups. I got home in the early afternoon and took a stinkin' long nap! Naps are what makes Sunday afternoons so awesome!!! Joni goes to the hospital before church and I bring Brayden to church with me. After church last night, we went over to the Bumgardner's house to hang out. I love those guys and I am sad that they are moving! We had a great time just talking and watching some crazy reality shows.

No comments: