Friday, October 20, 2006

Heroes...

One of the things that I have always tried to do is identify a list of a few people that I would consider as my heroes. Some of those people are athletes, some are actors, but most of my heroes are people that I look up to spiritually. About 6-7 months ago, JR and I thought "What if we try to meet one of them?" We knew it would be a long shot, but we decided to try to do so. So, all this to say that we contacted Perry Noble and asked him to give us a little of his time. The meeting was rescheduled a couple of different times, but finally happened yesterday.

Wouldn't you know that it worked out for Anniston to come home from the hospital on Wednesday, a day before I left. This caused me to question whether I should go or not. Joni really encouraged me to go because she knew how long I had looked forward to this day. Devin and Jesse agreed to keep Brayden for us, so that it could just be Joni and Anniston for a couple of days. Needless to say, the past 3 days have been pretty eventful.

Yesterday, the day started at 4 am because we had to catch a 7:15 flight. Our first flight was cancelled and our 2nd flight was an hour late. The drive from ATL to Anderson was a very quick one. I am still surprised that we are not in jail for driving so fast. One of the things that JR and I like to do is to invent games to keep life interesting. While we were flying, we decided that we should scroll through our iPods and sing OUT LOUD whatever song was in front of us. It was hilarious (and I am sure very annoying for those around us...lol)

Perry graciously pushed back his schedule to meet with us. We were terrified that we not going to be able to meet with thim after flying and driving like crazy to get there. He was a very gracious guy!

No comments: