Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

It's that time of year! Time for all the ghosts, goblins, and superheroes to come out to play. I am always so amused when it gets to mid-October because there are always some strange people out there that say these kinds of things:

"You shouldn't celebrate the devil's holiday."
"We shouldn't celebrate Halloween because it is of the devil."
"If you go trick-or-treating then you are going straight to you know where."

These kinds of things amuse me because last time I checked, Halloween has been about 2 things. 1. Getting as much candy as possible. 2. Having fun with your family. I don't personally know anyone who has become possessed because they dressed up like Big Bird. However, I do think that our world is turned off by the way that churches and church people react in their efforts to "not be like the world."

To those people, I would encourage you to join me, my family, and the millions of other people around the world and go get you some candy! It will make you feel better.

I know everyone has an opinion on this subject. I just thought I would express mine! I just think that people make a bigger deal out of things than they should. Thanks for letting me vent! Also, check out what this guy had to say about Halloween. It's pretty interesting!

No comments: