Monday, November 27, 2006

The Deity Formerly Known as God...

Over the break, I read a GREAT book. The Deity Formerly Known as God by Jarrett Stevens helps readers to truly know and experience God, not some distorted and destructive image of God formed over the years.

He begins by helping us to understand what God is not...
1. The Cop Around the Corner
2. The Sweet Old Man
3. A Cosmic Slot Machine
4. An All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
5. A Talent Show Judge (This helped me the most!)
6. Your Parents...Supersized

Then he helps us to understand who God really is...
1. The Late Night Neighbor
2. Lord of the Boardroom
3. The Green-Thumbed Gardener
4. The Single Minded Shepherd
5. The Tired Eyed Father
6. An Equal Opportunity Employer

Looking for an easy read to help you in your relationship with God? This is it! You will not be disappointed.

Jarrett, please spell my last name correctly on the check. It's L-O-L-L-I-S.

1 comment:

Andrew N. said...

Todd just to let you know I just got the book off of amazon and it was only $5 better than the link that you have it set on. I am excited about about starting this book.