Sunday, November 19, 2006

So Much to Write About, so Little Time...

I have had an incredible weekend. It was one of the most fun and relaxing weekends that I have had in a long time. I am going to have to post some of it sporadically this week, because I have so much to say. I'll give you just a glimpse of how it got kicked off:

Friday night we did a scavenger hunt for middle school students at Wolfchase mall. This turned out to be a great event because a lot more students were there than I anticipated. We took 26 students and 5 adults to invade the mall, which was filled with holiday shoppers. It is amazing how competitive people can be when they know that a free meal is involved.

This was an event for the 8:00 small group, which normally has 12-18 people there. A huge thank you to Jesse, for doing most of the planning. Her husband, Vinai, was also a big help. Andrew and Jennifer Strange also volunteered their Friday night to hang out with Middle Schoolers. My wife, Joni, also led a team, not because she is the middle school pastor's wife but because she loves ministry and hanging out with students. She also happens to be my favorite adult leader!

I loved hanging out with the students. It is nights like Friday that remind me why I do what I do. It was a great time to connect with the students and hang out with some pretty cool adults as well. We even had some students come that do not attend our church. What better way to introduce them to church than by having them attend a fun event. I'll just say this...those three girls were here for small groups this morning. This further illustrates what I know to be true....MINISTRY IS ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS!

Look for upcoming posts about me and the attack dog, my car's fight with a critter, and things I learned from McDonalds.

No comments: