Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rutgers? Are you serious?

I just finished watching the Louisville/Rutgers game. I didn't plan to watch it but I was intrigued by the matchup of 2 undefeated teams. It was a great game, with Rutgers winning 28-25 with a last second field goal. As I was watching the game, there were some leadership principles that I was reminded of. Here we go:

1. Never ever give up! Rutgers was down 25-7 at one point in this game. They worked hard to get back into the game and eventually win.

2. It takes everyone working together to be successful. Rutgers does not have a single player that I have ever heard of. However, they all worked together to win together. None of their guys are superstars, just ordinary guys working really hard.

3. Hard work pays off. Those players gave their all. They beat a quality football team by giving all that they had.

4. People love you when you are winning. The stadium there was packed! I am sure you can look back to a couple of years ago and the fans weren't that faithful. People want to pull for a winning team.

5. Mistakes are hard to overcome. Rutgers' kicker missed the field goal to win the game. Fortunately, there was a penalty and they got a second chance. Mistakes are harder to overcome when they occur later in the game.

6. People are really excited after a win. It was evident that Rutgers hadn't won many big games by the response of the fans. It was cool to see them storm the field and going crazy.

7. College football is the greatest game on the earth. There are not many things that excite me more than what happened tonight! I love to see people overachieve.

Unrelated to Rutgers or college football, I saw something interesting. I was doing some hospital visits this morning at Baptist East and saw something that puzzled me. There is a wing of the hospital called the "Skilled Nursing Wing". Just for the record, if I ever have to go to the hospital, I want to be on that wing. The one with the skilled nurses.

No comments: