Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Cannot Wait!

As I wrote about yesterday, our students wrote down the names of 484 people that they know that needed to accept Christ. This has been all I have thought about for the past week. 484 people in need of Jesus. 484 people that we love and care about that are on their way to Hell, unless they have an encounter with Jesus. I am praying that our students bring many of those people over the next couple of weeks and they begin a relationship with Christ.

I really think tomorrow night's service is going to be awesome. The band has picked out a great set. I have spent hours preparing to speak. (Let me say this, I think it might be the most powerful message I have ever preached.) Also, we got some new lights in this week. Talk about adding to the experience. They are awesome! Thanks to Jeff Balentine and Jeff McLean for helping install them. The room looks cooler than ever before!!

As I was running today, I was thinking about how grateful I am for all that Jesus has done for me. Especially for the cross. I thought about how holy He is and how unholy I am. I thought about how worthy He is and how undeserving I am of His love. I thought about how perfect He is and how I am certainly not perfect. As I thought about these things, I began to cry and thank Jesus over and over.

So, for those of you driving down Hwy. 51...the answer is yes. Yes there was a man running in circles around the church parking lot. Yes, he could've probably used some oxygen. Yes, he was not only running but crying also. But I certainly couldn't help myself!!!

1 comment:

David Jacks said...

I thought I saw you running... I was passing by on my unicycle at high speeds on the highway, so I couldn't stop to say hey.