Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Balboa

The new Rocky movie comes out on Christmas day. Needless to say, I will be looking in my stocking for a ticket to see Mr. Balboa knock someone out. Yeah, I know that the Rocky movies are predictable. However, I still love them. Rocky IV is my favorite movie of all time! I still remember crying when Drago killed Apollo. I know that is extremely strange and not a very manly thing to admit, but it did happen.

I have read some interesting things in the last couple of days about Sylvester Stallone. Check this out:

"The more I go to church, " he said, " and the more I turn myself over to the process of believing in Jesus and listening to His Word and having Him guide my hand, I feel as though the pressure is off me having Him guide my hand. I feel as though the pressure is off me now."

"No matter what, you can overcome your past, " he said. "With help, if you look to God, you can overcome your past and be reborn."

Interesting statements. Not sure what they mean. It appears that God is doing something in his life. I know that he is from a Catholic background but not sure what this means about his spiritual condition. I just thought these were interesting things and 1 more reason to love Rocky!

No comments: