Friday, December 08, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It is freezing here! It has been extremely cold this week and I am not a big fan of it for 2 main reasons:

1. The heat has been broken in our Explorer. Needless to say, I have been driving it while the rest of my family uses the other car. What kind of husband and father would I be if I made them drive the cold car. The good news is that Johnny Lane is fixing it for me this weekend. Thank God for people who know how to fix stuff! I am so thankful for him and his willingness to help me out.

2. It has made running interesting. It is hard enough to motivate yourself to get up early and run. It is even harder when you know it is going to be 30 degrees. I can remember last winter and how I would make every excuse not to run. That is not the case this year. JR and I have continued to be faithful to run 3-4 times a week, even in the cold weather or rain.

Joni and I are going to try to complete our Christmas shopping tonight. I hope we find some great deals!

(Ok, I lied. I promised you a post about the church and culture. To be honest, I didn't have time to finish developing it. It is in the works. You'll have to check back again!)

1 comment:

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Sorry man. I am wearing a short sleeve shirt to work today, and there is snow on the mountain tops. It sucks living in paradise.