Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wednesday Night Thoughts...

Just finished with our last Middle School worship service of 2006. We will be taking 2 weeks off for the holidays. I am excited about the break but I know that I will be more than ready to get rolling in 2007. A break is always nice but I know that I will miss speaking and hanging out with students. I look forward to seeing them all week long.

Here are some random thoughts from tonight:

1. The band was incredible tonight, despite a few sound issues. They did an amazing job of working through it. The set list included:

Carol of the Bells
No One Like You
Undignified
We Win
Wholly Yours

2. Attendance was good. Traditionally, this has been a low week for us.

3. The adult leaders rock! They baked cookies for the students and we gave them red and green Hawaian Punch. They are always willing to do WHATEVER we ask them to do.

4. We played a game where the contestants had to sing lines of Christmas carols. All I can say is if you are looking for someone to sing for you, don't invite Eric Hansen. I haven't heard singing that bad since I was in the shower this morning.

5. Giving Middle Schoolers punch and cookies before a worship service is a bad idea. They were WIRED!

All together, it was a really fun night! We had 2 girls begin a relationship with Jesus. That makes it all worth it!!

1 comment:

Chris Mc said...

That's great. I plan on attending Crossover in 3 weeks.