Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

One thing I have a love/hate relationship with is holiday Christmas parties. I love connecting with people that I haven't seen in a while or don't get to spend much time with. I hate all of the good food. It will be a struggle not to pack on some extra pounds over the holidays. I also hate being so busy. Joni and I have 8 Christmas parties in the next 15 days. And that doesn't even include any of the people that we will make special efforts to see while we are in SC. It will be fun, but exhausting!

Tonight is our Christmas party for the adult workers in the Middle School Ministry. I look forward to this all year long. We have been planning, cooking, and cleaning for weeks and days to get ready for tonight. Why? I want to provide the best event possible for the people who sacrifice their time and energy to invest in students. It is a lot of fun. We will be doing an auction again this year. You never know what you might walk out of there with (that could be good or bad!) In fact, I would sign up to be an adult leader just for the Christmas party.

Adult Leaders: You guys rock! I love you far more than I could ever express and appreciate your sacrifice more than you know!!

**Check back tomorrow for random stories of tonight's events. Who knows what will happen?

No comments: