Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Anniston turned a month old today! The sad thing is that she already has me right where she wants me...wrapped around her finger.

They put her back on her CPAP machine yesterday. She was having to work too hard to stay on the oxygen hood. It is just a matter of time and she will be back off the CPAP. They are also a little concerned that she might have an infection. Her temperature was a little low last night. Her oxygen level in her blood stream was way down and they had a hard time getting it back up. All of the tests are negative for the infection so far, but they are playing it safe. In a premature baby, they start antibiotics as soon as they suspect an infection. If the final test comes back negative tomorrow, they will just stop the antibiotics.

Oh yeah, we no longer have to wear the mask, gloves, and gown(have I mentioned that I hate calling it this, sounds like something my grandma wears to bed).

No comments: