Saturday, September 30, 2006

What if is was like this...

Joni and I went to the Memphis/Tenn. game today. As I said yesterday, I was really hoping Memphis would win, partly due to my hatred of Tenn. Well, as everyone knows, that didn't happen. It was pretty ugly!

While I was there, I thought that there is no reason that the church (as a whole, not just Crosspointe) should have the same type of atmosphere. Everyone I saw there was super excited to be there. I was wide awake at 6:15 because I was pumped about going and these aren't even my teams. They were there extra early and had done all the things they needed to do to prepare for the experience. What if the church was like this?

They also made it clear that they were there to support their team. No matter what! The Memphis fans will be back next week, cheering on their team. They stick it out during the good times and the bad times. In fact, they will tell everyone they know about the great plays they saw. What if the church was like this?

I saw old people, young people, skinny people, fat people, white people, black people, asian people, pretty people, ugly people, etc, etc. They were hanging out together. Some of them never having talked to each other before today. What if the church was like this?

I saw people celebrating big plays and victories. I high-fived this guy at one point and thought "I don't even know anything about this guy." What if the church was like this?

There are many other lessons that we could talk about, but we will stop with these. I think this is enough to think about for now.

No comments: