Saturday, September 02, 2006

You Gotta Love It!

Saturday kicked off my favorite time of the year. There are lots of things that I love in life. Without a doubt one of my favorite things is football season. All football is awesome, but there is nothing like college football. Especially Clemson Tiger football! The Tigers have some potential, but will probably break my heart like they do every season.

Today was an interesting football experience. I usually spend most Saturdays during football season in close proximity to my TV. I knew there might not be much football on our TV, which only gets 2 channels. In fact, we had to go get an antenna to get those 2 to work. After I discovered that my options were the US Open of Tennis (which was replays due to a rain delay) and the real estate (sorry Dan, it didn't appeal to me) channel. I decided to flip through the channels hoping Jesus would hear my cry for some football. I passed one channel and joy filled my soul. I saw about 3 seconds of football before the TV went to a blue screen. I played with the antenna long enough to at least be able to see what was going on. I couldn't tell what teams were playing or what the score was. It didn't really matter. I could see and hear football. At that point, all was well in Hattiesburg for the day!!

No comments: