Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Hard Day

Joni and I were so ready to go back to church to see many of the people that we love and care about. It was awesome to see everyone. Although it was strange because I have not walked through those doors in 24 days. I especially wanted to see the students. I have missed them so much!!! That part of the day was really awesome!

I came home and ate lunch. Then I took a nap in my bed. It was the first time that I have been in my bed since Aug. 16. That part of the day was incredible!

Now for the hard part. The nurse at the hospital called and said that the doctor wanted us to wear a covering for our clothes, gloves, and a mask when we visited Anniston. They wanted to be extra cautious because of Brayden's illness. When we visited Anniston, I asked about how many days they wanted us to go without touching her. They told us that they wanted us to wait 21 days. Yes, 21. October 1. That is a very long time to go without touching her. It is going to be very hard for us. We haven't touched her much since she has been born. Joni has only held her twice. I have only held her once. This was pretty heartbreaking since we have only touched her a minimal amount.

One thing that annoyed me is that the nurse is saying to us, as Joni is crying, that "you have to think about what is best for the baby. Everytime you want to hold her, just think about how much better it is for her. Think about the benefits for her. You don't want to expose her to anything." Of course we don't want to expose her to anything. That is why we called you to warn you of the illness. That is why we didn't touch her all day yesterday. That doesn't make it any easier when you say we can't touch her for 3 weeks. Some people should think before they speak. I am sure she was trying to help and I am sure she didn't intend to harm anyone. However, sometimes it is better to deliver the news and leave the person to deal with it. Sorry, just a short rant. You can tell that this annoyed me.

This made today a hard day! It will also make for some hard days ahead!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd and Joni,

Thanks so much for keeping this updated...I get up each morning and come here to see what prayer request you need for Anniston and the rest of your family. I can not tell you enough how awesome you guys are and how much your faith has inspired me. We will pray for Brayden to have a speedy recovery. We will also pray that God would intervine and make a path and way for you and Joni to hold and touch Anniston before Oct. 1. We love you guys so much and I just can't express enough in words what a great and awesome couple you guys are.

We love you,
Julie and Sam

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and remember the HE is in control. You two have come this fair, you CAN do it. God will give you strength! So good to see you 3 at church Sunday. Love ya,
The Dunn's

J.C. said...

before i say this i want you to realize that in no way am i comparing your situation to mine but seriously people should think before they speak you have no idea how many people have said to me and kristen how great our relationship is going to be because of this....seriously man think before you speak i got told that when i was like 3 and i could barely speak full sentences. Anyway i love ya'll and was so happy to see you guys on sunday and i am so sorry but God is trying to do something in your lives that is bigger than all of us could ever imagine and seek his face to see what that is love ya man and will be praying for you like always. Call if you need anything my family would love to help in any way possible. Love ya Todd