Friday, September 29, 2006

What a Day!!

Today was an interesting day, that's for sure!! I went to see Anniston this morning and I couldn't wait to get there because I was going to be able to hold her for the first time since we were in Hattiesburg. I got a big surprise when I got there! She was no longer in the incubator. She was in a regular bed/crib and she had on some clothes. This was an emotional moment for me because I knew this was a big step before she went home. The nurse asked me if I wanted to change her, feed her, and check her temperature. I agreed, of course! Everything went smoothly until we got to the diaper changing part. I had just slid a clean diaper under her when she began to poop everywhere. I removed that one, put a clean one under her, and she did the same thing. This happened again. Finally, I slid the 4th diaper under her and she began to pee. I was so ready to give up...lol. There was poop everywhere. I was so glad that she decided to break me in that way.

I held her and fed her after changing her. She seemed so much bigger! It was a very special moment for me. I can't wait to hold her more often.

After I tried to fix the trapt under our bathroom sink(everyone that knows me knows that this was not an easy task), Joni and I went to dinner with Dan and Diana Craddock. We have been trying to hook up with them forever! They are some of the greatest people that I have ever known. I will say this about them: I have never heard anyone say anything negative about either one of them. Wow! What a great testimony!! Jesse Meesomboon kept our kids. I want to say this about Jesse, she is such a servant. She has kept Brayden the last 3 weekends in a row. I love these people and thank God for their friendship.

After dinner, we went back to the hospital. Here is the crazy part: Anniston is in the step down unit (NCCU). This is another big step in her being able to come home. I was so shocked!! It will still be a few weeks, but she is making such great progress. I am thinking some faith healer must have come by her room and hit her in the head. She has progressed so far in the last 24 hours!

Now, I guess I should go get some sleep. Joni and I are going to the Tennessee/Memphis game. I am going for a couple of reasons: 1. I like the Memphis Tigers. They are not the real Tigers, but they will do for tomorrow. 2. I dispise Tennessee. I cannot stand them. Not even a little bit. Oh yeah, just wanted to remind you Tenn. fans that the last time Clemson played you was in the Peach Bowl. I'll let you guess who won the game 27-13.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Just wanted to say hi and I am praying for all of you. I miss you guys so much when I have my Mom. She goes back to my brothers Sunday afternoon. Then I am free for the month. If you need anything please please please call me. I would love to help in any way I can.
Ruthie