Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Long Weekend!

Wow...this weekend has been crazy! It began with our drive back to Memphis on Friday. When we got home, we went to visit Anniston and meet the staff at the hospital. We did that and then drove to Brighton to unload the mound of stuff in our car. My parents were here for the weekend also. We got them and were ready to walk out the door to go to the hospital when Brayden started throwing up. I felt really sorry for him because you could tell that he did not feel well at all. Joni stayed home while I took my parents to see Brayden for the first time. They were so excited to see her and overwhelmed at how small she was. For those of you that know my mom, can you believe she cried? LOL! Of course she did! It was pretty late when we finally crashed in the bed.

Saturday seemed just as crazy. We went to the hospital early, so that we could come back that afternoon and rest. Brayden still wasn't feeling very well. We decided that we should take him to the doctor. Our doctor was closed for the weekend so we went to the Urgent Care place. After spending 3 hours there, we discovered that he has Fifth Disease. It is a virus that begins with fever and nausea and is followed by a rash that can last for about 3 weeks. The doctor at first thought that he might have Kawasaki Disease, whatever the heck that is. We finally got out of the doctor and went home to relax with my parents and joni's mom.

My goal was to sit down and watch the Clemson game. However, I missed the first half due to the doctor's visit and some errands. I finally sat down and watched the 2nd half. I wish I hadn't done so. How do you lose a game to an unranked team when you advance the ball to the 2 yard line on the first play of overtime and not win the game? I don't understand. It certainly didn't make me very happy. JR and Devin brought over some BBQ Nachos that she made. My anger seemed to go away!

We went back to see Anniston again that night and got home about 10:00. We were all exhausted from the long day. It was so sad to watch Brayden because he would wake up from a nap and have all kinds of energy. All the sudden, he would crash and be miserable. He took 6 naps in one day.

A very funny thing happened to close out the day: Joni saw a mouse in our guest bedroom. She freaked out!!! She ran into the living room and stood in the corner. My parents were really confused at this point. My parents and I went in to look for the mouse but could not find it anywhere. It is still on the loose!! He/she just better know that I am charging rent! I laughed at Joni but I am not too sure what I would have done in that situation. I guess I have to figure out how to get rid of the darn thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd,
Take it from an experienced mouse catcher!!! We live in an old farm house and we have had a few mice to catch...in fact sam saw one run thru the laundry room last night. Get a mouse trap and put a little peaunt butter on the mouse trap. Not cheese..they are very smart with the cheese as we humans have been feeding it to them for years. You will catch it in a few days if not the same night. Trust me on this Todd!!!
Love you guys and we are so glad that you are back!!!

Julie and Sam

Anonymous said...

one step further- put the mouse trap in a paper grocery sack and you wont even need to touch it when you cathch it!
just throw all of it away at the same time.