Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another Random Post

There are 2 things that I love to do on a daily basis! They are things that would seem pointles and a waste of time for lots of people, but they have had an affect on the way that I do ministry. So here they are:

1. Myspace (www.myspace.com/crossoverstudents) : I know that some people think that this is the worst creation since Satan himself. However, it is great for ministry. I am able to stay in contact with students on a daily basis. Before, I just saw most of them on Wednesday nights and Sundays. It has helped me to stay better connected with the student culture and the world in which our middle schoolers live in. I love the connection!

Now, I will agree that there are some negative things that happen with Myspace. But there are also negative things that happen to people that drive cars (for instance -- sometimes they have a wreck and die!). However, I am not going to sit home and never drive again! Myspace rocks!!

2. Blogs: A year ago, I could not even tell you what the word "blog" meant. I just thought some people were having a hard time when they were talking about parts of trees. Now this is a daily part of my life. I know you are thinking, "he doesn't write in this thing everyday". You are right! I am trying to get in the habit of doing so. You would have to say that I am doing much better. Especially after Star's rebuke...lol. Even if I don't write, I read other blogs every day. It is a great way to see what others are thinking and doing. I am really challenged as I read things that people like Perry Noble (www.perrynoble.com) and Gary Lamb (garylamb.blogspot.com) write. They are some of the great leaders for my generation! I also read blogs written by people that I am close to keep up with what is going on with them.

These 2 things have shaped the way in which I think and do minstry. You should check them out!!

No comments: