Saturday, August 19, 2006

Introducing Anniston Brooks Lollis

I apologize to everyone. My laptop has been acting crazy and certain letters have not worked on my keypad. I am using a really old laptop and I finally realized that they would work if you beat on the thing a little bit.

Let me catch you up to speed. Anniston was born last night at 8:00 pm. It was one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen. She is so tiny!!! She weighed 2lbs and 9 oz. I case you haven't figured it out, that is really small! The doctors seem to think she is doing very well. The game play for the first 72 hours is to keep her sedated and minimize the amount of movement. The first 72 hours are very critical. According to the doctor, most problems arise during that time. She is on a ventilator, but breathing 30% on her own. I am really grateful for the way things have turned out. The doctors and nurses have been so helpful. They have made this whole situation easier by their kindness. Obviously, we are really saddened by the fact that we are here away from our family and friends. However, the staff here has helped with the process so much.

We will be here in Hattiesburg for at least a week. We are already investigating what we have to do to have her air lifted to Leboneur in Memphis. We will find out in a couple of days what we are facing and what the road ahead looks like. Please continue to pray for Anniston and us.

Joni is doing really well. I plan to write another post about what an incredible woman she is! Well, I will post again after we get to go see Anniston. She has me wrapped around her finger for sure!!

No comments: