Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bad News...Good News...

We asked the doctor today about the transfer to Memphis, since there was an RSV case in the NICU. We were concerned because Joni's parents are supposed to be driving to Memphis tomorrow. We didn't want them to drive there if we were going to be here for more time. The doctor called Baptist East and the doctor there said he would prefer us to wait a week. I understand why he would say such a thing, because he doesn't want a baby to come in and infect the babies that are already there. So we will be in the great town of Hattiesburg for another week.

Now the good news! We get to see Brayden tomorrow. David and Brenda are bringing him here for the week. I have really missed him more than I could have ever imagined!! Also, Anniston has still tested negative for RSV. There are several things that make it easier for us to be here. We are 3 blocks from the hospital, which is a lot closer than the 45 mins we would have to drive to get to Baptist East from Brighton. We are also able to stay in the mission house, which prevents us from having to pay money to stay in a crowded hotel room. Best of all, we get to see Brayden a day earlier!!! God is good!!

I still cannot thank everyone who has prayed for us, Anniston, and our situation. We are so grateful for such amazing friends and family. It has been especially encouraging to receive all of the comments, email, and calls. We love everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome though. Let me get this right... In the fist week she has gotten off the ventilator, she is on a pic line, and her tests are coming out good? Amazing! God is sooo Good. I am soo happy for you guys. You have good insurance too. That is another blessing. When she gets closer to leaving the hospital you will need to contact your insurance and see if they will cover the RSV shot. We had to fight ours. It is a shot premature babies have to have from Oct-March. Might as well check into it and make sure your insurance is on board. We love you,

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray.

Becky, Tori and Sam Mills

Anonymous said...

Ya'll I am worried that Todd is going to grow a beard and start wearing a white hat and waving a flag around yelling "yeeehaaa!!!" Joni, make sure he shaves every day.
I know ya'll want to come home really bad but what a blessing to have so many concerned physicans making sure Addison is getting the best care she needs.
I know seeing Brayden will make things easier too. Our sweet children have a way of encouraging us just by being there. I love ya'll so much. I was looking at sweet little baby girl clothes today. I can't wait to see how beautiful she is. Maybe I can be granted a short private viewing. Ya'll are in my prayers and I love ya'll and see ya soon
CathyMathy