Saturday, August 05, 2006

Graceland 5k

JR and I drove to Graceland (Elvis' home) yesterday morning. Now I know that you are asking yourself why in the heck would they drive there. Glad you asked! We are running in the Elvis Presley 5k next weekend. It is in the middle of Elvis week here in Memphis. A whole week to honor some guy who has been dead for almost 30 years. Talk about ridiculous! We had a few people that were amazed that we were willing to go and run down there because it is not the nicest part of town, if you know what I mean. We drove around so that we would be familiar with where we are running. It is a pretty tough course. We both ran holding our phones, just in case we had any trouble. I told JR that I was going to go ahead and dial 911 and hold my finger on the send button...lol. We got back and found out that a police car got carjacked near where we were. It was pretty crazy and I am grateful that we didn't get involved. That could have made for an even more interesting post...lol!!

This morning, I had a meeting with my small group leaders at Perkins. I am really excited about the new school year. I believe that we have a great year ahead of us. Not because I am all that, but because I have great adult leaders. They are the greatest!!! They genuinely love Jesus and students. I think we are going to see God do some cool stuff this year!!

No comments: