Wednesday, August 23, 2006

hey everyone! this is joni. i know that todd has kept you all informed and updated about what's been going on here in the great state of mississippi. i wanted to send my own message to let you all know that I am alive and doing fine. most importantly, i want to tell you how grateful i am for the many prayers that you have prayed already; for the emails, comments, and calls. the outpouring of love and support has been a huge encouragement to us. this was certainly unexpected, but God has proved that He is in control and He knows exactly what is taking place and why. i can't wait for you all to see Anniston. she is just the most beautiful little thing. it brings tears to my eyes just to tell you about how amazing she is. i spoke with her doctor just a few minutes ago. they are going to turn down the ventilator today, in hopes that they will be able to take her off soon. once she is off the vent, they will put her on a CPAP, which will be oxygen given to her through her nose. that will be exciting! her echo (heart ultrasound) results were good and showed no problems. they should be doing a brain scan in the next day or so to make sure there is no blood on the brain or any other complications there. they will put a PIC line in soon, which is sort of a permanent IV, that way they don't have to continually stick her in her arms and legs. she is doing great. the doctors and nurses have done nothing but brag on her so far. we do realize that we have a long road ahead and she will be in the NICU for an extended period of time, which is why we need you to keep praying for her, that her body would keep getting stronger and stronger each day. some of you have asked about Brayden. he is good. he is in south carolina with his grandparents and will meet us at home hopefully on monday. todd & i miss him very much. it is hard for us to have two babies that we can't hold and love on. sad thought, isn't it? well, to wrap this up- words will never be able to express how grateful i am for all that you have done so far- your thoughts and prayers are a huge blessing! i love each of you so much!!!!

9 comments:

Andrew N. said...

well I know yal know this but I am praying for the whole thing as well and the two ladies that workout at teh same time with us in the morning told me to let you know they are praying aswell

Anonymous said...

Joni, I am so glad to hear ( well see you type LOL) and hear that things are going so well. I have many people praying for you as we are too. We miss you guys and hope to get to see you before we leave. We are probalby leaving to move next Tuesday morning.

Keep us updated, we are praying!

Love , Phillips Family
Donny and Tracy

Anonymous said...

i love you guys! keep sending the updates & we will continue to pray!

Anonymous said...

I know what you are going through. I had twins in the NICU. We are praying for you all. Keep the updates coming.

Love to all,

Jeff and Holly Hunter

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Todd, Just wanted to let you know I'm glad to hear your baby is getting stronger each day. We miss you here. Crossover is not the same without you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni & Todd,

Well, you've got one determined little bundle of joy there! We are so excited for you guys. We'll continue to keep you lifted in prayer. Look forward to seeing the newest member of the Lollis family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Joni
Just wanted to say I love you very much and I am praying for you . I can't wait till you get to bring her to Memphis!! Thanks for all the updates. I get on everyday to see what is going on and what I need to pray for today.
LOVE YA!
Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Joni and Mr. Todd,

I finished a present for Anniston. It is awesome and you will be amazed. I can't wait to give it to you for her. We all really miss you and we are all praying for you and Anniston. I know Brayden misses you too, so we pray for him to be busy with his grand-parents so that it's not so bad. Well I guess this means she will not be born on my Birthday!! Fooey!!!
Well, have a great day and we miss you . Sam Cook

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Todd and Joni, i want you both to know how much i think of each one of you.you both have meant alot to me these last couple of years. i'm praying for you and your new little one.just remember God doesn't give us more than we can handle.you both know if there is anything i can do for please let me know.Love, your Bro. in Christ Tommy J.