Monday, August 21, 2006

A little break!

Ok, this is my third post in about 30 mins. I have done 2 thing today that have given me a break from all that is going on here. 1) JR and I have been working out at the YMCA here in Hattiesburg. It has been good to be able to go and run and lift weights. Some people may think that this is strange, since I have a baby in NICU. However, it has given me an hour break from dwelling on all that is going on. 2) We have rented lots of movies. The house that we are staying in only has regular TV channels and we had to buy an antenna to get those channels. We rented movies and then the DVD player did not work. I went back to Blockbuster and they gave me a DVD player to use. Isn't that crazy? No one gives stuff away in our world, but they were so kind. Today we watched Benchwarmers. It is one of the funniest movies that I have ever seen. It was so hilarious in a stupid kind of way. A nice break from a stressful situation!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all... the YMCA does make everything seem better. We stopped our staff meeting today and prayed for Anniston for about 20 minutes. How awesome to work for an organization where prayer is allowed and encouraged. Secondly... there is nothing stupid about Benchwarmers. It is just that most people don't get the intellect of it!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. Know that you are in our prayers. The doctors are right about over stimulus. Stroking the baby is hard not to do, but is important. There is nothing like that tiny hand gripping yours though. I remember the roller coaster ride you will soon be involved in. Just remember that most doctors sound grim. Our GOD gives us hope and sheds light on the dark. In other words... it is not as bad as it sounds. Remember that. When they start feeding her, try to make sure it is breast milk. That will help her gain the weight faster so she can come home sooner. Oh, and email me if you would like advice on how to burp her ( since she is so small) I learned a trick or 2 with Ajay. That way you don't feel like a meany. We love you and will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Joni,

I got the pictures of Anniston. I think she is so pretty. She looks really great to me. I put the pictures on the fridge so I can remember to pray for her often. Please call Kerry or myself if there is anything we can do for you guys. We Love you

Debbie Tygrett

Anonymous said...

keep it up todd! it willl give you some stress relief, that and prayer. i know god listens and some times answers immediately. i was very upset this morning about something unrelated. i prayed but decided i wanted to quit everything and give up. and God sent me a phone call within 5 minutes and put me in my place and answered my prayer. He said o you of little faith, yet again I listened and answered. tell joni i miss her. talk to ya later. heather